We are located on a peaceful county estate; close enough to Providence to see the skyline over the tree tops. This makes our location Perfect! Accessible to take advantage of all the opportunities a major city has to offer in terms of culture, shopping, fine dining and entertainment yet return to a very relaxing environment to unwind. Central to several major day trip attractions all within an hour away, there are rich exploring options in all directions. You can easily stay as busy as you want for at least a week. We have provided you with some ideas on our Day Trip Destination page. Below you will find additional ideas or answers to questions. This is a preview, once you arrive the owners and their staff will provide you with accompanying brochures, maps and most important customized directions leaving and returning to the Inn. Of course your idea of “doing” may in fact be “not doing “. We can help with that too Jacob Hill is the perfect place to completely decompress.
- Antique Shopping (local): Many opportunities right in Seekonk and near by towns including the world renowned Leonards of Seekonk. Map and guide available at the Inn
- Beach: Barrington or Ocean Grove Town Beaches (10 min); Horseneck Beach, Newport Beach, Narragansett Beach (45 min)
- Biking: Many beautiful routes right from our front door. East Bay Bike Path along Narragansett Bay, 14 miles from East Providence to Bristol, is just 10 minutes away.
- Canoe & Kayak:: Turner Reservoir, Palmer or Blackstone Rivers
- Comedy: Rhode Island Comedy Connection
- Dining: There are many local restaurants with great food, good prices and wonderful atmosphere. Visit our Breakfast & Dining page for more.
Local along the Turner Reservoir, Ten Mile River, and Palmer River.
Ocean fishing from Plymouth Deep Sea (60 min)
Twin River (30 min)
Connecticut Foxwoods & Mohegan Sun (75 min)
- Golf: Local Courses in the Seekonk Area
- Health Club: Seekonk YMCA, World Gym or Planet Fitness are a few of the many options.
- Hiking: Freetown State Forest: 50 miles of unpaved roads and trails on 5,447 acres. (30 min)
Slater Mill in Pawtucket (15 min)
Battleship Cove in Fall River (20 min)
Old Sturbridge Village in Sturbridge, MA (90 min)
- Horseback Riding: Sunset Stables (20 min)
- Hot Air Ballooning: Balloon Fantasis of Rehoboth: (508) 252-3647
- Ice Skating: Kennedy Plaza Skating Rink in Providence
- Massage (Spa): Several Massage & Facial Treatments available locally. Reservations recommended.
- Meeting Facilities: On-site up to 20 people. Local at Wheeler Farm.
- Movies / Cinema:
Showcase Cinema Seekonk
Providence Place Cinema & Imax
- Museums / Galleries: Providence
- Music / Concerts: Providence Performing Arts Center, Dunkin Donuts Center or RI Philharmonic, Comcast Center in Mansfield
- Nature Preserves / Trails: Seekonk Caratunk Wildlife Refuge (195 acres)
- Relaxing: (on site) Hammock, Lounge Chair, Gazebo, Porch, By the Fire, In your Jacuzzi, Floating in the pool, Walking the grounds, In our Comfortable King Size Beds, Watching the Sun Set.
Newport (50 min)
Providence River Boat Co. (10 min)
Providence Place Mall
Wrentham Village Premium Outlets
- Sky Diving:
Skydive Newport (50 min)
- State Parks:
Colt State Park in Bristol (20 min)
Lincoln Woods State Park in Lincoln (20 min)
- Skiing, Cross Country or Snowshoeing: Seekonk Caratunk Wildlife Refuge (195 acres)
- Skiing, Downhill: Wachusett Mountain (1hr 20min)
- Sporting Events:
Football: New England Patriots (Foxboro, 40 min)
Baseball: Pawtucket Red Sox (10 min) & Boston Red Sox (60 min)
Hockey: Providence Bruins (10 min) & Boston Bruins (60 min)
Basketball: Providence College Friars (10 min) & Boston Celtics (60 min)
- Swimming: Seasonal in-ground pool on site.
- Tennis: (on Site) Court on our property.
- Theater: Providence Trinity Repertory & PPAC
- Weather: Providence & Seekonk
- Whale Watching: Plymouth (60 min)